[26 OCT 00]
CRIMES, FIRES & ACCIDENTS
Arson Toxic Fumes
living near a house set alight by arsonists in Nuneaton early
today had a lucky escape when toxic fumes billowed into their
couple had to be evacuated from their home in Trion Road,
Stockingford at 3am after the house next door was set on fire.
crews from Nuneaton and Bedworth were called to tackle the blaze,
which was started in two separate places.
say they have unconfirmed reports of someone being spotted running
away from the area shortly before the fire broke out.
said the smoke from the blaze was toxic, and if the people living
next door hadnít got out in time, they could have been overcome.
residents at the house that was targeted were away at the time.
were today carrying out an investigation. Anyone with any
information should call 01926 415000.