CWN - News & Information for Coventry & Warwickshire 20x21spacer.gif (59 bytes)What's New?Search CWN

Man Rescued As Flat Torched By Arsonists

A 62-year-old man had to be rescued by firefighters when he was overcome by fumes after a flat was set alight by arsonists yesterday.

Crews were called to a blaze in a ground floor flat in Kingswood Road, Stockingford, Nuneaton at 9.30pm after getting reports of the fire.

They quickly called for back-up to stop the flames spreading from the heavily smoke-logged flat.

They rescued a man from the flat above the seat of the fire. He was taken to George Eliot hospital suffering from smoke inhalation, and was detained overnight.

The owner of the flat, who had been out since 5pm, returned to find police and firefighters at the scene.

It is being treated as suspicious and anyone who saw anything untoward should call police on 01926 415000.

1x22rule.gif (89 bytes)
Looking for a Job? Try CovJobs

150x15more.gif (274 bytes)

Win prizes every day with the CWN competition!

CWN / Crimes, Fires & Accidents / 18 Dec 00
1995-2000 Coventry Internet Developments Ltd This page updated 22 August 2004