CWN - News & Information for Coventry & Warwickshire 20x21spacer.gif (59 bytes)What's New?Search CWN
BAPTIST PLACES OF WORSHIP
Quinton Park Baptist Church

DENOMINATION

Baptist

HISTORY

Quinton Park Baptist Church can trace its roots back to the early 18th Century. The first Baptist meeting place in Coventry was opened in Jordan Well in 1724. This was followed in 1793 by a chapel in Cow Lane. During 1856 some of the members of Cow Lane Chapel left and formed St Michael's Baptist Church. The St Michael's buildings were destroyed in the blitz of November 1940. After the Second World War, the congregation moved out into the newly developing suburb of Cheylesmore. The current Church building was opened in 1957.

TIMES OF WORSHIP

Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday evening and third Sunday morning of each month

For details of Sunday services visit www.btinternet.com/~candpn/qpbc/sunday.htm

FACILITIES & SERVICES

Bible Study takes place in various homes, with evening and daytime groups

For details of weekday activities visit www.btinternet.com/~candpn/qpbc/weekday.htm

CONTACTS

Phone the Church on 01203 502376 or email minister@cheylesmore.fsbusiness.co.uk 

Visit the Church's own website : www.quintonparkbaptistchurch.org.uk
 

1x22rule.gif (89 bytes)
Buy all your books online with Amazon

150x15more.gif (274 bytes)



Find an old School Friend on CWN

CWN / Religion / Places of Worship / Baptist / Quinton Park Baptist Church

1995-2000 Coventry Internet Developments Ltd

This page modified on 10 November 2008 09:49:15AM