- OUR COUNTY 1998-2001
Priority : Environment
improve the environment
Nationally the decline of the
environment is a matter of concern. Within Warwickshire there are important issues that
need to be addressed, including traffic, pollution, and waste. Government agencies and
District Councils are directly responsible for many of these areas, but we are working
closely with all other bodies to find ways of improving the environment.
- We will work with district, town councils and others to
develop shared visions and action plans, to sustain and enhance the vitality and viability
of Warwickshires town centres.
- We will agree an air quality strategy with Warwickshire
Environmental Protection Council, which meets national air quality targets, by 2000.
- We will work with you and the District Councils to stop the
increase in the amount of waste to be disposed of each year.
- We will devote 5% of the annual investment on road
improvements to improving facilities for cyclists, including cycle routes and parking, and
promote cycling in the main urban areas.
- We will aim to open 90% of the Countys public rights
of way by 2001.
- We will take action to make our towns places where people
want to live by introducing measures to give people priority over traffic in town centres
and residential districts.
- We will complete a green transport plan for the Authority
and commence its implementation by July 1999.
FOR OUR COUNTY
PRIORITY: REDUCE CRIME
PRIORITY: OLDER PEOPLE
If you have any comments on this plan or
would like to know more then please contact:
PO Box 9
Warwickshire County Council
Warwick CV34 4RR
Tel: 01926 412514
Fax: 01926 412479